(TB) QR Code Share Service

terabyte

• Management

(TB) QR Code Share Service

This application adds a QR Code to the share button for items and the individual share popup for individual posts/comments/reviews.

Features

• 2 free APIs supported: Google & QuickChart.
  • Options to change the following settings for all APIs: size, margin, error correction level.
    • The QuickChart API supports 3 additional settings: foreground and background color, image format.

Notes

• Test colored QR Codes if you use the QuickChart API. Depending on the chosen colors' contrast the QR code might not work!
  • If you'd like to see more free (or paid) APIs supported let me know.

Board Rules - Available Products - Need a Custom Work?

< Don't PM me for support, post in the forum or submit a ticket from the client area instead! >

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Management

Google is finally retiring the QR Code API for good, and they don't have a new alternative. If they have one, I haven't found it, so let me know. For now, they are putting the service offline randomly to signal to people the service is going down.

If your pages keep loading and they have share buttons/links, the culprits might be QR code URLs from Google. To fix the issue, switch your API in ACP from Google to QuickChart. I just did the same for this site because I noticed the problem.

I'll release a new version soon to remove the Google option. If anyone wants to suggest alternative free APIs as replacements, I'm open to ideas.

Board Rules - Available Products - Need a Custom Work?

< Don't PM me for support, post in the forum or submit a ticket from the client area instead! >