Just voted! :)

emoney

The thing is that the Muslims are not peaceful as they would have us believe

They are no less peaceful than any other religion.

Just think about how many have died in the name of God, because of what they believe or don't believe.

Anyways, my personal view on religion is that it was made to control the people. If people no longer fear death what else is there? Simple! Make up a nice story about how if they don't follow the laws of the land that not only will they be punished in this life but they will continue to be punished for all eternity once they have died... It just caught on..

I believe religion is for those who cannot take the blame and are to weak mentally to be at fault.

Personally my most favorite quote on the subject is from the movie The Devils Advocate:

The devil says:

"The only difference between God and the Devil is that God had a better publicist. Something good happens and its Gods doing. Something bad happens and its "God works in mysterious ways.".

Sorry to start ranting about religion but it was going there anyways :P

no problem Gorbo, well this is one of those things we can talk about forever and neither side can prove a thing. I understand your point of view, i have a close friend that is athiest and we go back and forth all the time but in the end we agree to disagree and thats that. So one of us will only be able to say we were correct if the end time biblical prophesies come to pass during our life time or we meet on the other side and talk about it after we are dead and they pass. In any case no point in arguing about it now. We all must follow the path we see as best. Good stuff guys.