renew my account on invision community

ArashDev

hi

I want to renew my account on invision community, but I have a few questions before doing so.

1. Can I sell my products on the marketplace by renewing my account?

2. Are there any specific requirements for becoming a seller on the marketplace? Like, do I need to pay an extra fee?

3. What percentage of the income is paid as a commission to the community?

4. After how many days is it possible to withdraw funds?

thanks!

• Management

The marketplace is closing soon, on 30 October 2023, so you won't be able to sell your products there anymore.

You'll need to setup your own site: https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community/marketplace-closure-r1283/

A new directory site, to list the modifications available from all developers/sites, is also being created: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/475119-the-great-marketplace-migration-2023-by-joelr/

Board Rules - Available Products - Need a Custom Work?

< Don't PM me for support, post in the forum or submit a ticket from the client area instead! >

5 hours ago, terabyte said:

The marketplace is closing soon, on 30 October 2023, so you won't be able to sell your products there anymore.

This turned out very badly. I had prepared a bunch of ready-made products to sell in the marketplace.

Are you suggesting that I create a forum and sell my own files in the download section?

A new directory site, to list the modifications available from all developers/sites, is also being created: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/475119-the-great-marketplace-migration-2023-by-joelr/

Since I haven't been a seller before, I don't have access to this section.

****************************************************************************************************************************

I'm a bit confused!!!!

The news implies that every developer must sell their products on their own website or forum, right?

• Management
7 hours ago, Arash.Ranjbar said:

Are you suggesting that I create a forum and sell my own files in the download section?

Well, you can use also a 3rd party service/site. It doesn't have to be a site setup from scratch to sell them.

For example, I remember someone mentioned they'd use Envato Market: https://codecanyon.net/

Since I haven't been a seller before, I don't have access to this section.

I forgot the topic was in the Contributors-only forum, you'll have to wait for the public announcement then. 😅

The topic only talks about making a directory-only site where developers can list all their modifications so that the users browsing the site can have an overview of all the existent modifications available. You can setup your own site for now (or sell on a 3rd party site) and list your modifications on the directory site later on.

< Don't PM me for support, post in the forum or submit a ticket from the client area instead! >

• Management
3 minutes ago, Arash.Ranjbar said:

if I renew my account can I request to join in Contributors forum?

The forum becomes available only after you upload at least 1 file to the Marketplace (doesn't matter if it's free or paid).

However, I don't think they're gonna approve any new files at this point. 🙄

• Management

Adding yourself to that list would definitely be a good starting point. There you can add both a site URL and a contact URL.

You could add your envato profile (or whatever other site you'll use) as your site URL, and the contact URL can be either a PM on the IPS site, a form on a different site, or something else completely.

• Management

I wish a shop could be established under the leadership of one of the developers, where anyone with a product could sell it there.

Unfortunately, the most you'll see is the directory site I mentioned above which will contains links to all the developers' sites. Nobody wants to handle payments, chargebacks, etc for all the developers. It would also be a trust issue for some people. 🤷‍♂️