The services listed below are performed once on the last weekend of the month:
Invision Community and all installed (and active) modifications, themes, and language packs are checked to be sure everything is up-to-date, if something is outdated I will perform the upgrade without asking as long as it's a minor version (example: 4.7.11 => 4.7.12).
- In case you have updates for paid modifications from the IPS Marketplace with a pending renewal I will contact you.
- Major version upgrades (example: 4.7 => 4.8) are NOT included since they usually add or change bigger features while also requiring more time to upgrade. I will contact you with a separate quote for them and ask for your approval before proceeding.
- Check System Logs and Email Logs for any critical/repeated errors. If they're bugs I will reported them to either IPS or the developer(s) of the modification(s) causing them.
Modifications troubleshooting to cover installed 3rd party modifications since IPS Support won't help if the issue is caused by them.
- Should the problem be a bug in the modification which can be easily fixed I'll fix it myself and then, as mentioned in point #2 above, I'll report the issue to the developer.
- If the issue requires extensive changes I'll only contact the developer and wait for them to provide an update.
- In case of needing an extensive issue fixed quickly, a separate quote can be discussed without waiting for the original developer.
The services listed below are always included in the package throughout the month:
- I will upgrade to any new version with security fixes released by IPS within 48~72 hours from its release (instead of waiting for the next first weekend of the month). Same rules as #1 apply here though. As long as it's a minor version I'll upgrade right away, but I'll get in contact first for major versions.
- Any single-file security patches released by IPS outside of their monthly release cycle will be uploaded within ~24 hours from their release.
- Modifications installation & consultation service: I will install any modifications you ask for (as long as they already exist), and I'll also provide suggestions if a certain modification doesn't work properly, has bugs, or has other issues. For example certain modifications have a big impact on the server while adding little value, usually because they are resource intensive or simply because the developer hasn't optimized properly the code.
Please note that the product's monthly price is the basic fee, depending on the amount of work/modifications involved I will discuss a price change on a case-by-case basis. However, no price changes will happen without a discussion first!
This service can be used to remove any extra files remaining on the server from past versions of the software. The cleanup includes also extra database tables & columns, left behind either by the IPS upgrader or by old modifications.
After purchasing this service, please open a new Support Request to schedule the cleanup, and include any extra details useful for the cleanup.
The service is valid for a single site. If it's required for multiple sites, a discount can be discussed by contacting me directly.